W R Dunn & Co Ltd. has worked for HM Prison Service and The Ministry of Justice continuously since 1990 via 8 separate Framework Arrangements, Term Contracts & now the Consultants & Constructors Strategic Alliances. We have extensive project experience at all 139 prisons in England and Wales, including in the public and private sector, in relation to all building types.
We have obtained high level commendations for our designs from Senior Civil Servents, Area Managers, Governors & Estates Managers. Major successes over the last decade includes:
- The creation of over 1700 new accommodation cells, including 1000 fast-track spaces
- The design and development of an estate wide essential maintenance database, assessing survey data to 5000 individual buildings. In all some £750m of essential maintenance was identified.
- Concept design & development in relation to several mult-million pound healthcare schemes at three prisons in the north region
- Schemes achieving Breeam Excellent & Very Good ratings, demonstrating long term sustainability
- Design support in relation to off-site fabrication techniques
- The achievement of best value